Reviews of 3800lm 3x Cree XML Xm-l T6 LED Trustfire Flashlight Torch and 18650

3800lm 3x Cree XML Xm-l T6 LED Trustfire Flashlight Torch and 18650 Rechargeable Battery + Charger
Customer Ratings: 4 stars
Buy Now
This unit is super bright and a good value, but it is close to 1200 lumen, even with the 3 batteries.

If you want 2000 lumen even, you need to be expected to pay for it. Try Nitecore TM11 for flood and good narrow central beam in a tiny pocket light. If you want super tight beam to truly visualize center of beam for a mile away, buy Olight SR90 as the best small light unless you have tons of $ and buy the Olight X6. If size and weight are non-issues, you can buy huge non-LED flashlights for much less $ at Cabelas or elsewhere on amazon but then you lose the ease of carrying and portability.

If your needs are vastly less but you still want a great flashlight, buy this one or any of the similar FALSELY CLAIMED 3000-6000 lumen lights from Chinese sellers. Again, the light is great for most people's needs. If you want the best and have the $ for another $100-$200 more, buy the TM11, SR90, or X6. Amazon sells all!

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

You just can't beat the bang for the $$$ on this one. NO, its nowhere near 3800 lumins,Probably half that, but It's extremely Bright and more of a flood than a spotlight. I have a Pond 75yds from the house & it lights it up without difficulty. I also bought the rechargeable batteries for this unit. It looks to be Quality made, I'll just have to see how long it lasts, but when you compare price it's a no-brainer. I think the trick here is not to leave it on for long periods where the heat can degrade the unit. For the $$$$, It's Great !!!

Best Deals for 3800lm 3x Cree XML Xm-l T6 LED Trustfire Flashlight Torch and 18650

I purchased only the flashlight and not the batteries and charger for about $40. It's a really great flashlight and well made. It's small and easy to hold in your hand. It looks and feels very professionally manufactured. I compared the beam brightness with my Eagletac M3C4 with a known 900 lumens output and it's half as bright but the beam spread is twice as much. My Eagletac, which cost $135, will illuminate houses and trees across the lake from me at 1,600 feet. The 3X CREE XM-L T6 will not illuminate them at the same distance. However, this XM-L model will illuminate houses and trees at 500 feet across the lake in my back yard.

I like the very rapid strobe light with this flashlight. It is truly blinding at 100 to 150 feet. If you've read up on strobe lights you know that the faster the pulse, the more incapacitating the light is when viewed at night. SWAT teams use them but at power levels you cannot purchase unless you are in law enforcement or the military. A powerful strobe light interrupts the reasoning ability of the mind to process information. You can't function logically in the presence of such a strobe light. In other words it mentally stuns humans or animals because it completely overwhelms your vision. It's not just a matter of seeing white spots for 30 seconds to a minute, it literally causes a brain freeze. This is exactly what you want if you find an intruder on your property or inside your home. Because the beam is broad you don't have to train the light precisely on the eyes of the person you want to stun. With the EagleTac M3C4 with its very narrow beam, and at almost 3X the price, the 3-degree beam width requires you to train the flashlight onto the target. The EagleTac also has a slower strobe light. I prefer the faster strobe of the Trustfire XM-L because its more incapacitating.

This flashlight has two dimmer modes to choose from. On the dimmest mode it's more like a standard D-cell type flashlight that we're more familiar with. I would think you could leave it on for several days on low power when using the 18650 lithium-ion batteries.

Only one problem with the 18650 Li-ion batteries (red color) you buy on Amazon.com. This flashlight has a heavy power drain (lots of amperage to power it in the high power mode. When these batteries got too hot they shut down. This happens after you've had it on for a minute or more. The batteries fully recover after waiting a minute or or so to cool down. Just don't leave it turned on for a long time. Test yours when you buy it to see how long you can leave it on in high power before the batteries shut down temporarily. In strobe mode you should be able to leave it on a long time because the power drain in intermittent. Once you know about this shortcoming you can either buy more expensive and better made lithium-ion batteries at about 5X the cost or simply don't plan to use it on high-power mode for very long.

I have done tests with my 10 million candlepower halogen-beam search light that weighs about 20 pounds. I estimate that using this measurement standard that my Eagletac M3C4 is about 7 million candle power. The Trustfire XML in this review is therefore approximately half that power or about 3 million candlepower. The Trustfire is touted to be 3,800 lumens, which it obviously is not. My guess is that at full brightness it is more like 500 lumens but the beam is broad and perhaps more useful to most people. Do those numbers really matter to you. Just understand that it's a very bright and a very useful compact, light-weight flashlight. The fast strobe on it is utterly blinding at night. A very good non-lethal security device to have at home.

The batteries recharge in about 2 to 3 hours when depleted. You'll know when the batteries are low. The light output doesn't get appreciably dimmer as the batteries lose their charge. They just suddenly stop functioning. You may think at first that your flashlight is broken. Nope. Just time to recharge the batteries. But the batteries do, in fact, last a long time, perhaps months if you only use it at night on low power when you let the dog outside or occasionally use it around your house. Leave the flashlight in the car glove compartment for several months and it should work perfectly for you when you need it. As with anything else, use it frequently and become familiar with it.

I see that the blue batteries that come with this Trustfire XM-L T6 may be an improvement over the same batteries I used and had problems with. If that's the case then the premium you pay for this flashlight with the blue lithium-ion batteries may be a good deal. Otherwise, if you buy this same flashlight without the batteries and the charger you'll pay about $40 $45 and then you must buy the charger and batteries separately. Plan on having an extra set of batteries for whatever occasion because it does take some time to charge the batteries.

Honest reviews on 3800lm 3x Cree XML Xm-l T6 LED Trustfire Flashlight Torch and 18650

This flashlight and battery with charger is a great buy. Flashlight is well made and is the brightest torch I own. It's not to big cause I can still carry it in side pocket of my carpenter pants. You will not be disappointed with this purchase.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for 3800lm 3x Cree XML Xm-l T6 LED Trustfire Flashlight Torch and 18650

The flashlight is decent.

This is the second one this week and again this item arrived missing items. The batteries and charger again were not shipped.

Obviously this vendor is not one you want to use if you want everything you order.

Again the light is a decent build but without the batteries and charger it's useless.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment