Buy WindFire® Super Bright Cree Xm-l T6 1200 Lumens Zoomable LED

WindFire® Super Bright Cree Xm-l T6 1200 Lumens Zoomable LED Flashlight Torch Lamp + 2pcs WindFire 18650 4000mAh Rechargeable battery & Charger
Customer Ratings: 3 stars
List Price: $69.99
Sale Price: $23.89
Today's Bonus: 66% Off
Buy Now

I bought this flashlight after buying several cheap UltraFire LED flashlights. Among those purchases were 2 Crees WF 501b($10.39) and 2 Crees 502b($9.97) flashlights. 1 of the 4 survives. They put out bright light but nowhere near the 900 and 1000 Lumens promised. My Fenix TK35 lists lumens at 860 which I can believe. The Crees come nowhere near that in brightness, nor have any other similar cheapo LED flashlights.

Along comes the WindFire Cree and I don't know why I bought it. Probably I keep trying these cheapo flashlights hoping for a torch that lives up to the headline.

The WindFire promises a 1200 zoomable light. I dislike zoomable lights after trying several headlights with that feature that were horrible to use. So I bought this torch with 2 18650 4000mAh batteries and charger included.

While the flashlight puts out light nowhere near 1200 lumens (IMO), it is bright, super bright. On tight-high beam it puts out a bright small square, very bright and usuable, beam of light. Zoomed in all the way puts out a very bright circle of light that high-lites an area around me, or in front of me (whatever) about 20 feet across, maybe more if I could find a way of measuring the circle. You get three levels of brightness circles and I am using the three levels for all but the strobe and sos selections. My choice is a zoom pulled back just enough to soften the square to a larger circle. This is still very bright but it gives a beam that is what I'm used to in a flashlight. So this flashlight has shown me what a zoomable LED can really do. I love it.

I dropped it a couple of times but it still works without any diminution of any feature. I am using this torch all of the time now and it is a fun flashlight to use. I have a dog and we make a couple of walks at night and a bright torch is nice as we have had several coyote sightings. I like the zoom-out for tracking what my dog does (I hope I'm not putting a lit-target on my dog), poop or pee.

So. This might be the 1 in 4 Cree UltraFire flashlights that works. But I don't believe that. I have been using only this WindFire since I received it. I ordered the flashlight on 24 July and received it on 26 July (you can't beat the Prime for price and for meeting the delivery times it promises), the date guaranteed by Amazon. The package arrived in perfect shape, all of the contents were securely set in material that suggested these products would make it in the same condition as shipped if the gorilla employed by UPS in a commercial was throwing the package around and smashing it to the ground.

I bought the 4 Cree UltraFire flashlight because I was skeptical of the advertisement of the terrific flashlight for $10. A 25% success rate doesn't seem horrible for a $10 flashlight but the one light that did end up working took several encouraging taps on the body and pulling the spring gently out from the tail cap. The other 3 were treated exactly the same but gave up the ghost after a few tries. I've thought about buying another WindFire or two as backup but the flashlight doesn't seem to be having any trouble. I will definitely buy a second one if this one stops working. I will buy some for gifts to family and friends.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone. A $23 flashlight with battery and charger, with incredible light, that seems to be fairly durable, with the first zoom that really works, and is fun to use, is a no-brainer purchase.

Actually, I think I will buy several more. When everyone that needs a good flashlight finds out about this one, and when the manufacturer or marketer finds out that this light could be sold for much more, the price is not going to stay at $23.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

This looks really tough on the outside, but I had this for less than a month and the little pieces inside the battery compartment broke off. Now the battery doesn't make contact and no light. It was super bright at the beginning but it seems every time you charge the battery, there is less power. Also there is a wierd warning about extreme danger if the battery is not properly installed in the charger. I worry that my kids might put the battery in backwards... will it rupture and send battery acid everywhere or what?

Not worth the money in my opinion. In general it seems that the quality of products and service you get on line is not as good as it used to be. I have received 6 orders in the past few months with broken products, products leaking parts from the box because of improper packaging, etc.

If this continues I will stop shopping online. If something like this flashlight that is supposed to be durable isn't backed by more than a 30 day return policy, there is something wrong.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment